Gamecity:Hamburg is Germany´s harbor of the games industry. The network, which comprises around 2.000 participants, offers a comprehensive range of services for the local industry and companies interested in Hamburg as a location. As content city, Hamburg actively shapes the transformation of the media and digital industry. In Hamburg, innovative business models fall on fertile ground – enriched by creativity and strong merchant spirit. Five of the ten largest German game companies (Big Point, Daedalic, Gamigo, InnoGames, Goodgame Studios; in alphabetical order) according the number of employees in Germany were founded in the gamecity:Hamburg. And it is not without reason that leading Internet giants such as Google, Facebook, Adobe Systems Engineering, Dropbox, Twitter, Twitch, Hootsuite, Yelp and Snap Inc. decided to choose Hamburg for headquarters in Germany.
Launched in 2003, the project gamecity:Hamburg supports businesses from Hamburg’s gaming industry. The network was founded with the intention of developing Hamburg as an attractive location for the industry.
The plan has proven to be a success: since the launch of gamecity:Hamburg, the number of jobs in the value chain of games has increased from 800 to 4,000 with a good 200 businesses in the segment.
The network itself, related collaboration opportunities, links with the media and IT industries
as well as the range of sector-specific support services make Hamburg one of Germany’s leading games locations.
- Providing optimal local support to both new and established companies
- Creating a network within the sector to promote cooperation, business development and knowledge transfer.
- Improvement of general conditions for the games sector and relevant convergence industries.
- Networking and knowledge transfer in and on Gamecity Meetings, Workshops, Indie Meet-ups and Hamburg Games Conference.
- Communication through own as well as external channels such as website, newsletters, social media and targeted press relations.
- Joint stands at important fairs such as gamescom and other conferences across Germany and Europe.